Thanks to Jen for the throw-back engagement picture idea!
1. I celebrate Valentine's day by... loving on my husband and spending some quality time together. Sometimes that means going out for a nice dinner. Last year that meant making a multi-course dinner complete with dessert at home together. This year we're celebrating a day late to eat at a reasonable time (one restaurant only had 2:45pm available for reservations) and avoid all the crowds (not to mention I might be a zombie on Friday night). It doesn't have to be big, as long as it's filled with love.
2. My heart goes pitter-patter for... sweet notes, kisses on my forehead, dessert of any kind, a free night from school, my husband...
3. When looking for romance, my best advice is... take leaps! When I first met J, I assumed our "relationship" was just going to pan out into a summer fling. I was 18 and moving to San Diego at the end of the summer. He was 21 and already on a path through life. Not to mention we'd only spent 2 months together before facing quite a distance. But at the end of that summer I told him I loved him and that I wanted this to work. And here we are! 7 years, 3 apartments, 2 houses, 2 states, 1 silly dog and 1 marriage later.
4. My favorite love story (real or fiction) is... besides my own, right?! Ha! Let's see... Dr. Mark Green and Dr. Elizabeth Corday from the TV show ER. Maybe it's because I'm still obsessed with that show or maybe it's because I'm in the medical field but their relationship and love story are my favorite. A great balance of power, real life struggles (thanks drama-tv writers) and filled with fake, TV love! Now excuse me while I try and find time to watch all the seasons again.
5. The best relationship/love/dating advice I ever received was... make your significant other your number one priority. Granted, I'm not the best at actually following through with this as being a full time medical student definitely demands the top spot on the totem pole a good amount of the time. But it's something that I'm always conscious of and do my best to achieve. Hmm, maybe I'm finally finding my word (over a month late) for the year 2014... priority...
Previous posts here: