recent pictures of O-dog that haven't made an appearance yet just incase you needed a golden fix
1. I first felt like a grown up… once I was married. All through college I was fortunate enough to have my mom's help on a lot of things like finances, insurance coverage, etc etc and once I got married all of that was different. I was on my husbands insurance, my bills were my own, I was 100% responsible for myself without the underlying "mom's always there" aspect anymore. Not to mention I was part of a new "family" between J and I that was uniquely ours which definitely makes one feel grown up I think.
2. I am one of a kind because… of nothing in particular but everything all together. No one's lived my life exactly as I have, no one has the set of talents and pitfalls that I do, no ones seen vacations and new cities through my eyes, no one knows the effects of my emotions quite like I do.
3. Spanx… never worn them, don't have any intention of ever wearing them but haven't been through a lot of "life" yet so we'll see what my body feels like doing in the coming decade.
4. My favorite family tradition… Mother's Day trips on educational adventures like the museum, the zoo, etc with my mom and sister. We're definitely nerds. The homemade gift tradition on Christmas with J's mom's side of the family especially since it spurred our fabulous engagement 2 years ago. And the idea of creating new traditions with J and a someday family in the future.
5. The last thing I do before bed is… smooch my husband, definitely. But this sometimes also includes turning off the TV (yep, we're one of those couples that watches TV in bed, oops), setting my alarm way too early, slathering on some chapstick and/or telling the dog to stop snoring.
6. Happiness is… a free weekend, extra hot Starbucks drinks, freshly painted toes, A's in medical school and life with my hubs.
I'm linking up to the first addition of the "Finish This" link up.