Thursday, January 28, 2010
When you look good, you feel good. Loving the new Blazer and pencil skirt I bought today :-)
I hate the idea that some people are so set in their ways and thoughts that nothing, absolutely nothing, will get them to think differently about a situation. Yes you might have had your own opinions initially but once things have been explained can't you just get over your selfish ways? Isn't it sometimes better to own up that things are different than you once thought just so that everyone can get along and have a good time. I swear, some people...
Sunday, January 10, 2010
So my list is still growing and I hope to make it to 100 someday as well as accomplish all of them someday but this is a start.
- Get into medical school
- Be a bride
- Be a bridesmaid
- Own a home, maybe with a pool
- Become a mother
- Become a grandmother
- Make a time capsule
- Go to an Olympic game
- Travel to Italy and eat!
- Teach my kids to read
- Go to the airport and buy a random ticket to a random place
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Kiss the Blarney Stone
- Get engaged with friends and family present
- Run a marathon
- Spend over $1000 in one store
- Find my faith
- Join and stay with yoga
- Vote in a Presidential Election
- Have a summer home
- Donate my hair
- Climb 14ers
- Learn to surf
- Host a dinner party
- Retire to Colorado
- Tell someone I love them and truly mean it
- Save someone’s life
- Fall in love
- Give blood
- Draw a self portrait
- Embarrass myself and not care what people think
- Get Lasik
- Drink a martini
- Learn to golf
- Wear a penny in my shoe in my wedding
- Get a massage
- Have a fortune teller read my palm
- Throw a surprise party
- Witness a death
- Order breakfast room service
- Paint a room a really loud color
- Touch a horse
- Whale watch
- Legally change my name
- Scuba dive
- Grow a vegetable garden and cook using what’s grown
- Visit the Vatican
- Own something from Tiffany’s
- Knit a blanket
- Write my will
- Fly first class
- Use a fire extinguisher
- Go skiing in just a bathing suit
- Stand in Times Square
- Join a book club
- Spend 3 months getting into shape
- Jog on the beach
- Change a flat tire
- Get the guts to get the tattoo I've been wanting
- Bake homemade bread
- Give all homemade gifts for Christmas
- Go to a bonfire
- Volunteer for a whole year
- Make homemade ice cream
- Go to the first Starbucks
- Sew a piece of clothing
- Do 5 pull-ups at one time
- Work at a soup kitchen
- Visit a winery
- Not know the sex of my child till their birth
- Take a photography class and own a DSLR camera
- Sky dive
- Go skinny dipping
- Keep a journal
- Visit somewhere in the southern hemisphere
- Read the Bible
- Write hand-written letters to friends
- Have a movie marathon
- Graduate with a B.S.
- Bake a birthday cake from scratch for a friends birthday
- Paint a canvas
Monday, January 4, 2010
I was extremely blessed this Christmas from everyone in my family and I can't believe how awesome some of my gifts were. Here are a few of the best:
1. The Game of Things: I haven't been able to play it yet but I'm very excited to. It might not be something that gets played all the time because you have to have at least 4 people but it'll be something different to play.
2. Guess Rhonda Hobo Purse: I love love love this purse. I've been wanting a new purse for a while now and wanted something that was fun without being obnoxious. It holds a lot more than it looks like it would which is always a plus for me. Plus the inside has lots of pockets for things like chapstick and headphones that always seem to make a cluttered mess in the bottom of my other purses.
3. Brighton Purse Hook: I've always hated situations when you're out and have no where to comfortably put your bag. I don't like putting purses on the floor and sometimes you don't have room on your seat/the back of your chair to put it either. I'm sure I will be using this all the time, plus its a Brighton heart so it'll look wonderful on the table. I also got a Brighton ring and necklace that are fancy enough to dress up a nice pair of jeans but casual enough to wear more often than some jewelry.
4. Belkin Voice Recorder for iPod: This plugs right into my ipod and creates audio files of anything that I want to record, for me it will most likely be always lectures. Its just super awesome to be able to have them right on my iPod and its also possible to transfer them to my computer through iTunes if I want to email them or listen to them another way.
5. Starbucks Holiday Mug: I've always had tumblers but never really had many good mugs to use when I'm at home. I like this one because its a grande size so it doesn't limit me to a smaller coffee plus its festive and I'll always have a red cup year round. With this I also got Starbucks Espresso Roast for my espresso machine so I should be all set for the semester to start.
6. Victoria's Secret Sleepover Flannel Pajamas: These are the perfect weight for being able to wear them in SD even though they're flannel. They're really soft and the perfect colors. Since its a set it gives me a lot of options to wear different parts with other things in my pj wardrobe depending on my mood and the weather. I am very impressed by Jeff's pick for pajamas for me :-) I also got a VS Pink Hoodie in white with bright blue that will make a nice addition to my wardrobe for days when its cooler but I don't want to wear a dark colored sweatshirt.
7. Barnes and Noble Nook: This is probably the gift I was the most excited for and could not believe Jeff got it for me! I love being able to read books on my own between all the hard, dry science textbook reading I'm forced to do. Plus I'm never able to finish one book completely without starting into another one and this eReader will be awesome for me in that respect. The books download right to the Nook and are usually a lot cheaper than actually buying the hard copy of them from the store. They were so popular that I don't actually have it yet but it'll be worth the wait.
Other gifts not mentioned already include a Floating Strap for my waterproof digital camera so that if I do happen to drop it when I shouldn't it wont sink to the bottom. I also got a collection of Bath & Body Works lotions for in my purse/traveling and gift cards to Starbucks/Subway/Ulta. Last but not least I got a Gap Sweater in red/orange and a Blackberry Skin in bright green for my phone.
101 List 30 days 365 Project anniversary Antigua apartment artist award Baby H Baby H-2 backyard beach bedroom Betty Crocker birth story birthday Blog Sale book of lists books breakfast breastfeeding bride and groom bridesmaids broken Broncos busy cake camera cards celebration ceremony changes Christmas cleaning clothes coffee Colorado conversations cooking country covergirl crafts currently dance Day in the life Dear Monday decorating dessert details DIY dress drink driving engagement Essie etsy exercise fall family flowers food FOTD friends fruit frustrated fun GBU gifts goals graduation groomsmen growing up GTKY hair happy hard work Hawaii hiking holidays holidays. home homeowners honeymoon hope hospice husband and wife Ireland job Lake Powell laughs life life and death life with Mark life with Patrick link-up list LOAP Look what I made love make-up Mark Jameson MCAT med school memory men mom months of Mark months of Patrick motivation moving music My Creations nails Nook numbers nursery Ollie OOTD OPI outdoors paint painting party perfection pho phone photos pictures Piggy Polish Pinterest planning politics pregnancy puppy purse rain random recipes relationships relaxation relieved ring Ring Warming sad San Diego school sewing shoes shopping shower sick sketchbook slideshow smile spring spring break stress studying summer surprise swap swim T2T Tail Wagging Tuesday talking tan Target tattoo thankful things I heart tired tradition vacation Valentines video Villa Parker visitors VOTMC weather wedding weekend whole30 winter Wordless Wednesday work work out yoga